The Unforgotten Haven is a South Jersey non-profit organization whose mission is to help the less fortunate. This help takes many forms—feeding the homeless, assisting victims of house fires, collecting supplies for veterans and much more. Working in partnership with churches and other community organizations, The Unforgotten Haven is registered as a 501(c)3 charity and provides all services without charge.
The Unforgotten Haven is located in a three-story building at 100 South Black Horse Pike in Blackwood, NJ. The main level houses acts as a hub for volunteers and the many items donated for the Haven’s 26 projects. The kitchen is filled with donated kitchen and housewares. The pantry is stocked with an assortment of non-perishable items—including peanut butter and jelly, canned goods, dog food, detergent and cleaning products.
The Unforgotten Haven was founded in December 2014 by Michele Gambone. In March 2015, Jeanne Rodrigues became involved with The Unforgotten Haven and became Michele’s partner on December 20, 2015. Together, Michele and Jeanne carry out the organization’s mission of helping those less fortunate.
UPDATE: In October 2016, a second location of The Unforgotten Haven was opened in Long Island, New York. This location can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAQs About The Unforgotten Haven
- We update our hours for the coming week every Monday morning and post them at the top of our Facebook page.
- We are located at 100 South Black Horse Pike in Blackwood, directly across from Chews Florist.
- Donations can be dropped off whenever we are open. Please DO NOT leave donations outside the building at any time.
- We can help with non-perishable food items and toiletries. We cannot help with bills, rent or security deposits. We are a non-profit organization that does not receive funding.
- You will need an appointment to come in for assistance. Please send us a message through Facebook or email us at email@example.com. You will need to bring ID for yourself and if you are pulling for any children you will need their birth certificates or social security cards.
- We DO collect prom dresses, diapers, wipes, baby toiletries, non-perishable food items (especially cans with pop tops), trial size and full-size toiletries and feminine products. We also collect pet food and new school supplies and cookie mix!! Click here for a list of items we need.
- We DO NOT accept clothing, books, used toys, stuffed animals, knick knacks, decorative items, anything electrical, car seats, pillows or beds or furniture. We DO accept children’s books in good condition for CHOP and new toys for Bianca’s Kids.
- Volunteers are welcome at ANY TIME! Simply stop in any time we are open and the manager on duty will give you a tour and you can jump right in!
- We typically have 20+ projects going on at one time so there is something for everyone!
- We are a 501c3 organization with over 30,000 followers and 30+ team members. Our team members are all volunteers and no one is paid.
- We serve as a hub and do share donations with other non-profit 501c3 organizations. We do extensive research to be sure nothing is sold by the organization before we form a partnership.
Here is a video about The Unforgotten Haven and what we do:
Read more about The Unforgotten Haven: