About The Unforgotten Haven
The Unforgotten Haven is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization whose mission is to help the less fortunate. We work in partnership with churches and other community organizations. All of our services are provided without charge.
We accomplish our mission with 20+project groups. Each group has a different focus. One group feeds the homeless. Another group distributes snack packs to chemo patients. Another assists women in domestic violence shelters.
Where We Help
Most of the Unforgotten Haven’s services and donations are used in our local community. However, our services are not county-based or state-based. We help wherever there is need. This includes conducting hurricane relief missions to Louisiana, North Carolina, and Florida.
Our building is located at 100 South Black Horse Pike in Blackwood, NJ. The main level functions as a hub for volunteers and donated items. Our kitchen overflows with donated housewares. The pantry contains non-perishable food items. Our shelves hold toiletries and other supplies for our 20+ projects.
Michele Gambone founded The Unforgotten Haven in December 2014 after helping a family who were living in their car. Since these humble beginnings, the Haven has expanded and grown to help over a million people and animals in need.
Read more about The Unforgotten Haven:
- “We Can Fix This and We Will: NJ Tornado Has Residents Grateful for Community Support” – Channel 6 Action News
- “South Jersey Nonprofit Helps Louisiana Flood Victims” – Courier Post
- “Unforgotten Haven Goes From Helping One Homeless Family to Countless Others” – NJ.com
- “South Jersey Duo Team Up To Help Others In Need” – Courier Post
- “Brotherly Love: Small Donations Grow Large for Blackwood Non-Profit” – CBS Philly
- “Unforgotten Haven Seeks A Haven” – Sicklerville Sun
- “South Jersey Nonprofit to Stuff, Distribute Thousands of Backpacks” – SNJ Today
- “Unforgotten Haven Stuffs Record Number of Chemotherapy Bags” – Sicklerville Sun
- “Unforgotten Haven Open For All” – Sicklerville Sun
- “Brotherly Love: Snack Packs for Chemo Patients – CBS Philly
- ‘This Is the Way I Serve My Country’: South Jersey Volunteers Offer Hope This Holiday Season – Courier-Post
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are you located?
We are located at 100 South Black Horse Pike in Blackwood, NJ.
When can I drop off donations?
You can drop off items only during our open hours, which are listed below. Please do not drop off items in front of our building.
Mondays: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Tuesdays: 4:00 pm – 6:30 pm
Wednesdays: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm and 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Thursdays: 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Saturdays: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Where can I ship items to the Unforgotten Haven?
If you want to mail something to the Unforgotten Haven, please send it to the address below. Please do not send to our building address as there are not always people there to accept deliveries.
The Unforgotten Haven
528 Highland Avenue
Westville NJ 08093
What can you help with?
We can help with non-perishable food items and toiletries. We cannot help with bills, rent, or security deposits. We are a non-profit organization that does not receive funding.
Anyone receiving help must:
- Show a state photo ID or driver’s license with a current address. If the address is not current on the ID or if you’re using a passport, you will also need to show a utility bill dated within the past 2 months that has the same name and address on it. You may also go online to the DMV and change your address and they will send you a letter. You can bring this letter with you as proof of your current address.
- If baby items are needed, you must show either the original birth certificate OR hospital discharge papers.
- Foster parents in need of baby items must show the State Placement paperwork WITH the raised seal.
- No pictures on the phone will be accepted.
What donations do you accept?
We accept non-perishable food items, pet food, toiletries (including feminine hygiene products), diapers, wipes, and formula. We DO NOT accept clothing, except for baby clothes from 0 to 12 months that are new or good condition.
However, we sometimes hold special collections for specific purposes, such as toys for the holiday, back to school supplies, or collections for hurricane relief.
Do you accept used clothing?
We no longer accept used clothing except for baby clothes for ages 0 to 12 months (must be new or in good condition), but we do collect coats, gloves, hats, and scarves during the winter months.
Can I volunteer with you?
Yes! Volunteers are always welcome. We typically have 20+ projects going on at one time so there is something for everyone! Check out our project groups page to see how you can help. Due to COVID-19, some of our volunteer opportunities are limited.
We also have ongoing events that need volunteers. Follow our Facebook page for updates.
Do you work with other charities?
We serve as a hub and share donations with other non-profit 501(c)3 organizations. We do extensive research to be sure nothing is sold by the organization before we form a partnership.
We are a 501(c)3 organization with 30,000+ followers and 30+ team members. Our team members are all volunteers and no one is paid.
Do you accept awards for your charitable work?
Although we have been nominated and received several awards and appreciate being recognized, we ask that any award for The Unforgotten Haven recognize the team as a whole—not an individual.
The Haven team is made up of many volunteers (all of whom are unpaid). To single out any one individual doesn’t reflect the spirit of teamwork that we try to foster at The Unforgotten Haven.