Nico’s Power Up Packs are bags of crafts, toys, and activities for pediatric patients. They are named for Nico Cassabria, who was diagnosed with stage IV high risk neuroblastoma (a type of childhood cancer) at the age of 3 and spent 7 years of his life in and out of the hospital. Nico passed away at the age of 10, but his kindness and compassion will live on through Nico’s Power Up Packs. The name is a nod to Nico’s love of video games and all things gaming. Our hope is that Nico’s Power Up Packs will perk up or “Power Up” these young warriors.
Items needed (all must be new):
- “Blind bag” type toys for boys and girls (e.g., L.O.L. Surprise dolls, Shopkins, Lego Minifigures, Minecraft, Squish-Dee-Lish, Fingerling Minis, My Little Pony, Num Noms, 5 Surprise, Imaginex, Doorables)
- Play Doh/ Model Magic
- Craft Kits
- Card Games
- Coloring books and Crayons
- iTunes/ Amazon gift cards (for teens)
- Walmart/ Target gift cards
- Pajamas for boys and girls (all sizes including adult)
- Fun socks
- Baby and toddler toys
- Handmade blankets from smoke-free homes
Here is the link for our Amazon Wish List:
Keep in mind some things can be purchased at Target or Walmart for less. If you want to ship items, visit Nico’s Power Up Packs Facebook Group Page and send a message for shipping address.